Please note that the Mericle Settlement has been concluded. Any documents posted regarding the Mericle Settlement are for reference only and should not be submitted to the Provider Defendants Claims Committee.
Below is the schedule of litigation deadlines for the Settlement Class Members:
- Friday, July 19, 2013 shall be the last day that Class Counsel will accept updated addresses to re-send Settlement Letters. It shall also be the last day that Class Counsel will cancel and reissue Settlement Checks.
- Monday, July 22, 2013 shall be the last day that Class Counsel will re-send Settlement Letters and/or Settlement Checks.
- Saturday, July 27, 2013 shall be the last day that Original Settlement Checks and Unaccounted-for Settlement Checks will be honored. Funds associated with Original Settlement Checks and Unaccounted-for Settlement Checks shall no longer be available to the Settlement Class Members after this date.
- Friday, August 30, 2013 shall be the last day that written appeals will be accepted. All written appeals must be received by Class Counsel by August 30, 2013 in order to be considered. Written appeals postmarked on or before August 30, 2013 but received by Class Counsel after this date shall not be accepted.
- Reissued Settlement Checks and Appeal Settlement Checks shall not be honored after the date on which they become void, as printed on the face of the checks. Reissued Settlement Checks and Appeal Settlement Checks shall be issued so that (a) they will be valid for a period of not less than 60 days from the date of issue and (b) none of them will be valid after Monday, December 2, 2013. Funds associated with Reissued Settlement Checks and Appeal Settlement Checks shall no longer be available to the Settlement Class Members after this date.
- Within 30 days after the Original Settlement Checks, Unaccounted-for Settlement Checks, Reissued Settlement Checks, and Appeal Settlement Checks have all either been cashed and/or become void, Class Counsel will distribute Holdback Settlement Checks. Holdback Settlement Checks will become void 60 days after the date of on which they are issued. At the time that Holdback Settlement Checks become void, if there are funds remaining in the Holdback Fund, Class Counsel will propose a cy pres distribution for Court approval.
The Order and Class Plaintiffs’ Brief explaining the deadlines in full are attached here:
- Order Establishing Deadlines for the Conclusion of the Mericle Settlement 5-16-2013
- Brief in Support of Class Plaintiffs’ Motion to Establish Deadlines for the Conclusion of the Mericle Settlement
If you are a Settlement Class Member and your mailing address has changed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links for additional information about the settlement.
Final Order and Judgment Granting Final Approval of Class Settlement with the Mericle Defendants
Order and Memorandum Granting Final Approval of Class Settlement with the Mericle Defendants
Order Denying objections filed by the Provider Defendants
Court Notice of Final Approval Hearing
Authorization for Medical Records
Authorization for Educational Records
Court Order – February 28, 2012
Mailed Legal Notice of Class Action Settlement
Published Legal Notice of Class Action Settlement
Proof of Claims Form
Authorization to Release Records
Class Counsel Information
Master Settlement Agreement
Press Release – December 16, 2011